At WR Law, we know the importance of protecting your personal information. Our Private Policy complies with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and explains how your personal information will be managed when dealing with our firm. This policy may change from time to time and will be updated on the website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.
For which purpose does WR Law collect your personal information?
- we collect information for the primary purpose of advising and representing clients in accordance with client’s instructions, including for the purposes of legal proceedings; and
- we also collect personal information for marketing purposes.
Personal information that WR Law may collect includes:
- name, job, title, address, telephone number, email address;
- your bank account details and credit card information;
- any services provided to you;
- records of communication with WR Law
- personal website usage information, such as your IP address; and,
- other personal information you provide to WR Law when you participate in a promotional activity, survey, market research or subscribe to our mailing list.
Information is only collected:
- if necessary for WR Law’s operations;
- By lawful and fair means and not unreasonably obstrusive; and
- Where practicable, only from the individual concerned or a person authorised to act on the individual’s behalf.
WR Law takes reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to your information:
- the identity and contact details of the organisation:
- any law requiring collection of the information; and,
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information
How will WR Law use and disclose your information?
We may use or disclose your information:
- For the primary purpose for which it was collected, i.e.: advertising and representing clients in accordance with client’s instructions:
- Where the individual reasonably expect this;
- Where the individual has consented
- For direct marketing with WR Law (but giving the individuals the opportunity to opt out of direct marketing); or
How is your personal information kept accurate and current?
We take steps to ensure that your information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating our records whenever changes to the information come to our attention. If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that this information be updated by contacting our Privacy Officer (details below).
Using our website
Marketing and opting-out
We may use your personal information to send you information about our products and services, including legal updates and invitations to seminars and functions and relevant products and services of third parties either where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. We may contact you for these purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone or social media campaigns.
Where you have consented to receiving this information from us, that consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. You may “opt-out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
Is your personal information secure?
The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security. Your personal information may be stored on a cloud storage system provided by a cloud services provider. WR Law’s cloud service provider and host is located in Australia, and we require that such service provider complies with strict security standards regarding storage of your personal information as well as terms consistent with this private policy and applicable legislation.
Do you have access to your personal information?
Please contact our Policy Officer (details below) if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may require you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests to ensure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions permitted by law, such as client confidentiality and legal professional privilege. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (e.g. by providing photocopies), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. If access is refused to your information, WR Law will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
Does WR Law collect sensitive information?
We do not collect sensitive information unless it is specifically relevant and necessary for the purpose of advising or representing a client, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims. WR Law does not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers) to identify individuals.
Complaints and disputes
Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries about WR Law and privacy issues to email@example.com