While the Federal Government have attempted to make the JobKeeper payment fair and equitable, there are workers that have been excluded and it is important to understand who they are.
- Casual workers who have worked for their employer for less than 12 months.
- Temporary Visa Holders*
*note New Zealand citizens on 444 visas will receive the JobKeeper payment.
These exclusions mean that around 40 per cent of casual workers and migrant workers miss out on the wage subsidy.
Note that not all visa holders are ineligible, the following visa holders will be eligible for JobKeeper:
- the holder of a permanent visa,
- a Protected Special Category Visa Holder,
- a non-protected Special Category Visa Holder who has been residing continually in Australia for 10 years or more,
- a Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holder.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
This article has been prepared by Vanessa Baglieri, Marketing Manager. We are passionate about helping businesses grow by sharing information. The content of this article is legal information, not advice and is not tailored to your circumstances, speak with Rosa Raco directly on 03 5499 6131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require legal advice regarding your specific circumstances.
This article is current as at 2.50pm, 1st April 2020.